Wednesday 11 May 2011

Big Bill Broonzy - Volume 3: The War and Postwar Years 1940-1951 (4 CD Box Set) - 2007



Big Bill Broonzy - Volume 3: The War and Postwar Years 1940-1951 (4 CD Box Set) - 2007
EAC Rip | FLAC + Log + Cue | Scans | 611 MB | 4 CD's | HF + RS | 5% recovery
Label: JSP Records JSP 7767 | Original Recordings Remastered | Genre: Blues

Mississippi-born guitarist Big Bill Broonzy had a voice that could really grow on you. The living embodiment of the rural-to-urban blues tradition, he often infused the gutsy, sometimes brutally honest immediacy of acoustic Chicago blues and good time hokum with the lonely intensity of the field holler. Vol. 3 in JSP's extensively complete Big Bill Broonzy retrospective covers his recording activity between the years 1940 and 1951, a time span that takes in the Second World War and its aftermath. His musical companions during this decade included the mighty Washboard Sam, a wonderful string bassist named Ransom Knowling, harmonica ace Jazz Gillum, blues saxophonist Buster Bennett, pianists Blind John Davis, Big Maceo Merriweather and Memphis Slim, and seasoned jazzmen Punch Miller, Don Byas and Slick Jones. This excellent set offers 99 examples of Broonzy's personalized musical responses to everything that life had to offer or snatch away. Topics include romance, jealousy and heartache; honest labor, conscription and prison, as well as betrayal, alcohol and insomnia. Big Bill was also fond of old-time folk melodies and included them regularly in his repertoire. This outstanding tribute is the perfect introduction to Broonzy; it will also delight those who already know his music, love and respect his memory, and who will hasten to track down the rest of his recordings as reissued by JSP.

AMG

This is not my rip. I want to thank the original ripper and upload.




Disc A Tracks:
01 - Medicine Man Blues
03 - Midnight Steppers
04 - Lone Wolf Blues
05 - Hit The Right Lick
06 - You Better Cut That Out
07 - I Wonder What's Wrong With Me
08 - Bed Time Blues
09 - Merry Go Round Blues
10 - Serenade Blues
11 - Lonesome Road Blues
12 - Getting Older Every Day (Take 1)
13 - Getting Older Every Day (Take 2)
14 - That Number Of Mine
15 - My Gal Is Gone
16 - I'll Never Dream Again
17 - Rockin' Chair Blues
18 - Shine On, Shine On
19 - Green Grass Blues
20 - My Little Flower
21 - Sweet Honey Bee
22 - When I Been Drinking
23 - Key To The Highway
24 - Double Trouble
25 - Going Back To My Plow




Disc B Tracks:
01 - I'm Having So Much Trouble
02 - Wee Wee Hours
03 - Conversation With The Blues
04 - All By Myself
05 - Keep Your Hand On Your Heart
06 - Why Should I Spend My Money
07 - What's Wrong With Me
08 - I Feel So Good
09 - In The Army Now
10 - Bad Acting Woman
11 - Night Watchman Blues
12 - She's Gone With The Wind
13 - I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town
14 - Tell Me Baby
15 - Hard Hearted Woman
16 - I'm Woke Up Now
17 - Please Believe Me
18 - Why Did You Do That To Me
19 - You Got To Play Your Hand
20 - Just A Dream
21 - Doing The Best I Can
22 - Partnership Woman
23 - Where The Blues Began
24 - Humble Blues
25 - Oh, Baby!





Disc C Tracks:
01 - Cell No.13 Blues
02 - When I Get To Thinkin'
03 - Roll Dem Bones
04 - You Got The Best Go
05 - I Can Fix It
06 - Old Man Blues
07 - I Can't Write
08 - What Can I Do
09 - San Antonio Blues
10 - Saturday Evening Blues
11 - Martha Blues
12 - Texas Tornado Blues
13 - Big Bill's Boogie
14 - Just Rocking
15 - Shoo Blues
16 - I Feel Like Crying
17 - Stop Lying Woman
18 - Rambling Bill
19 - Summertime Blues
20 - Bad Luck Man
21 - (I'm A) Wonderin' Man
22 - I Love My Whiskey
23 - You've Been Mistreating Me
24 - I Stay Blue All The Time
25 - Water Coast Blues





Disc D Tracks:
01 - Five Feet Seven
02 - I Wonder
03 - Keep Your Hands Off Her
04 - Mindin' My Own Business
05 - Hey, Hey
06 - Stump Blues
07 - Get Back
08 - Willie Mae Blues
09 - Walkin' The Lonesome Road
10 - Mopper's Blues
11 - I Know She Will
12 - Hollerin' The Blues
13 - Leavin' Day
14 - South Bound Train
15 - Tomorrow
16 - You Changed
17 - John Henry
18 - Crawdad
19 - Bill Bailey
20 - Make My Get Away
21 - Blue Tail Fly
22 - Backwater Blues
23 - In The Evenin'
24 - Trouble In Mind




Hotfile Links



Rapid Share Links



Links Are Interchangeable


Password: musicjunky

High Speed Download

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More